Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fires of War

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fires of War - Page 2 Empty Re: Fires of War

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:25 pm

"Hey how're you feeling? Do you need any help with the food?"

Mckenzie spun around and smiled at Aiden "Good morning, I'm feeling fine this morning and thanks for the offer but i am nearly done," She finished up and amde sure to place the extra food on everyone's plates then smiled walking over to her back pack and beginning to fill it up with somethings they would need for today's new home finding mission.

Mckenzie knelt down filling her back with extra weapons and all the extra space left in her pack was filled to the brim with water bottles they would have to walk far and they would get very tired. She added a couple medical supplies just in case and then looked over the sleeping children once more before turning to Aiden, "i already ate so I'm going to go search the rubble see what I can find and then I'll be back I'm going to also scout the city a tad before we make our journey I wanna see exactly how safe we are." Mckenzie spoke in a tone that let Aiden know this was none negotiable.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:58 pm

"Good morning, I'm feeling fine this morning and thanks for the offer but i am nearly done,"

He smiled. "So stubborn. You should have woken me. I would have been glad to help." He took his plate and sat down near her as she packed her bag. He thought about what he would need for the day. Some food perhaps, for everyone, some weapons in case there were still soldiers out, though he doubted they would pay any attention to some orphans wandering the streets.

"i already ate so I'm going to go search the rubble see what I can find and then I'll be back I'm going to also scout the city a tad before we make our journey I wanna see exactly how safe we are."

He frowned and looked up at her accusingly. "I'll come with you to scout and Michael can stay and watch the kids while we do that. I'll make sure to pack some extra guns just to be safe." He stood, his meal half finished, and walked to her, tapping her chin and moving her head so she was looking at him. "Now. Don't you dare lie to me. Did you really eat? I don't see a plate." His eyes laid on hers, a mildly accusing look in them, but only one borne out of worry.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:13 pm

"I'll come with you to scout and Michael can stay and watch the kids while we do that. I'll make sure to pack some extra guns just to be safe." He stood, his meal half finished, and walked to her, tapping her chin and moving her head so she was looking at him. "Now. Don't you dare lie to me. Did you really eat? I don't see a plate."

Mckenzie looked him in the eye then moved her head away turning her back to him and facing her back pack placing another bottled water in it. "Y-Yes I.." She paused and sighed "It doesn't matter either way I will be just fine, I am leaving right now with or without you your choice."

With that said Mckenzie picked up her Back pack setting a pre-written note for michael on the Table she knew Aiden would want to Tag along and she figured she might as well let him. She walked to the door opening it then closing it behind her and beginning on her little journey climbing up the half demolished stairs and pushing rubble past her.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:35 pm

"Y-Yes I.." She paused and sighed "It doesn't matter either way I will be just fine, I am leaving right now with or without you your choice."

Aiden sighed deeply. He had known all along that she hadn't eaten. "Look... you make your own decisions... but don't lie to me like that. You know how much I worry..." Seeing that she was determined not to eat, he took another few bites and left the rest for michael or whoever wanted it. He then filled his bag and headed quickly out the door after her. As it shut behind him, he glanced around at the rubble, grimacing at the wreckage everywhere. He scrambled up the stairs after Mckenzie and dodging the rubble as it came down behind her. "Hey... watch it!" He said as a large stone flew past his head.

At the top of the stairs, he scanned around, eyeing the destroyed city. He bent down and took hold of a soldier's weapon, mumbling under his breath. "I'm sorry, but i need this for now." He slung the assault rifle over his shoulder, hanging it by it's strap, and looked sternly down the street. After seeing the bloody scene that was before him, he knew what he was going to do. All that was left was to break it to Mckenzie.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Mckenzie made it to the top and looked around a moment then grimaced as Aiden picked up a gun from a fallen soilder, she thought for a minute that nodded that it was infact needed and began to walk forward looking around. She knelt down and began to rumange through some rubble hoping to find anything, The only thing that greeted her was a mangled hair the rest of the body beneath the rubble. she gasped then looked away standing and returning to walking her heart heavy with grief
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Aidan grimaced as Mckenzie found a mangled body under the rubble, but didn't look back as he trudged forward through the broken cement. He kicked a clean gun towards her, not even daring to look at it's owner, and made his way to the street. "Come on. I think there's an old bank this way. It should have good structural integrity, and subterranean vaults that'll keep us safe."

He thought hard as he walked down the broken pavement, then turned to Mckenzie suddenly, looking her in the eyes. "Mckenzie. I have to tell you something. It's important and you're probably not going to like it, but I've made up my mind." He led her over to a spot that looked nice to sit and took a seat, beaconing her to do the same as he thought how to word it. After a few moments, he finally spoke again. "I'm going to fight back. Try to end this stupid war."
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Mckenzie had knelt down to pick up the clean gun and put the strap on letting the gun rest on her back she noticed a small glint of light then knelt down finding several coins spilt out from a nearby coin purse she picked each coin up as well as the purse and smiled at her find she could add this to her collection of other coins, she knew after the war that this would eventually come in handy.

Mckenzie had began walking again with Aiden when he began to speak suddenly what he said caught her by surpirse.

"Mckenzie. I have to tell you something. It's important and you're probably not going to like it, but I've made up my mind." He led her over to a spot that looked nice to sit and took a seat, beaconing her to do the same as he thought how to word it. After a few moments, he finally spoke again. "I'm going to fight back. Try to end this stupid war."

Mckenzie tensed up a moment then spun around "you want to...leave us..." She paused swallowing a lump that formed in her throat looking away then suddenly rising with anger. "fine then just go.. leave me with all of them.. i can take care of them without you." She stomped away searching for something else to occupy her mind.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 pm

"you want to...leave us..." She paused swallowing a lump that formed in her throat looking away then suddenly rising with anger. "fine then just go.. leave me with all of them.. i can take care of them without you."

"No! I.." He jumps up and grabs her arm gently "I'd still be here whenever I can but I'd be fighting as well! I want to stop this stupid war for us! For the children here! So that they can get back to not having to run and hide from everything that sounds like gunfire, so that they can have enough on their plates to face the next day with a full stomach!" He pulls her into a hug. And... And so that I don't ever have to worry about having to say goodbye to you for..." his voice choked up, not even able to think about the possibility of losing her.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Mckenzie had began to walk forward when aiden pulled her back to him she had been fighting back tears, she didn;t want him to go she didn't want him to fight she wanted him here with her.. She was being completely selfish.

"I'd still be here whenever I can but I'd be fighting as well! I want to stop this stupid war for us! For the children here! So that they can get back to not having to run and hide from everything that sounds like gunfire, so that they can have enough on their plates to face the next day with a full stomach!" He pulls her into a hug. And... And so that I don't ever have to worry about having to say goodbye to you for..."

Mckenzie was about to struggle to get away from him, when he began to speak. she swallowed the bigger lump in her throat and forced the tears to stay back as she then held onto him. "I-If your gonna fight.. Then i will too.. I can't just stay here I need to be with you.." She paused then looked away before looking up at him. "I..I love you Aiden and I can't let you go.. Besides you'd be lost without me."
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:44 pm

"I-If your gonna fight.. Then i will too.. I can't just stay here I need to be with you.." She paused then looked away before looking up at him. "I..I love you Aiden and I can't let you go.. Besides you'd be lost without me."

Aidan's cheeks flushed and he pulled back to look at her, then laughed a little. "Yeah I probably would be pretty lost." He gently turned her head so she was facing him, and looked her in the eyes. "And um... Mckenzie? I..." His cheeks flushed a deeper red and he leaned in, kissing her, the kiss saying everything that he didn't. He pulled her to him again, a tear running down his cheek. Whether it was joy from this moment or fear for what was to come soon, even he wasn't sure. Perhaps both.

After a few moments, he reluctantly pulled away from the kiss, sliding his hand down her arm and linking their hands. "Come on, let's go find that bank. The kids need a new place to stay." He smiled a genuine smile as he began walking. "And there may even still be some coins there for your collection. Who knows."
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2