Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fires of War

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fires of War Empty Fires of War

Post  Lachryma Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm

The street was empty and quiet, save for the crackle of nearby gunfire, not a soul out at a time like this. Not that many people lived in this god forsaken city anyway. The huge and once magnificent fortress of the neutral kingdom Laithus had lain in ruin almost since the beginning of the Verditus-Malkina war 28 years ago. Even now the two great nations battled furiously in the broken and battered streets. Across the torn pavement, a lone figure sprinted, headed for a large and thoroughly broken structure, once possibly a hospital, now little more than rubble with a basement. His blonde hair, hidden beneath a black-brimmed cap, reflected in the sunlight where the few lone strands poked out.He paused in front of the entrance to the building(or what was left of it) and with a furtive glance behind him, dove down into the rubble.

His feet hit concrete and he crouched to take the impact, then stood, gracefully brushing off his clothes and starting down the dimly lit hallway. He turned into a small room and tossed the bundle that he had been carrying onto the bed, sighing and laying down beside it contentedly. He couldn't wait to show Mckinzie what he had salvaged. She'd be so happy.

(btw, in case you haven't realized, this is before the place they were staying was destroyed. it will be destroyed after we get the set-up done.)
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Fires of War Empty Re: Fires of War

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:11 pm

A young girl was walking through an old abandoned hospital the only sound was her shoes hitting the oavement as she walked on. She paused opening a door and looking in finding some new supplies for her medical needs she smiled filling her bag then leaving. Her short brown hair was pulled back in a little pony tail.

The girl froze hearing the sound of gun fire in the distance then glanced away sadness flashing in her eyes for a moment before the sound of her foot steps picked up again. She heard a slight thump echo through the halls and smiled realizing Aiden was home, Mckenzie began to pick up into a run running all the way to his room then throughing open the door and jumping on the bed giggling. "How was the trip what did you find, did you meet anyone new?"
[i]
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Aiden woke suddenly from his very short nap as Mckinzie plopped onto the bed almost on top of him. He sat up and smiled at her. "Hey good to see you. I didn't find anyone new out there, not even dead, which is a relief. But... i managed to salvage us a ton of food. And I have a special surprise." Aiden untied the sack and rummaged around inside, then pulled out two full bars of chocolate, grinning. "I can't believe I was able to find any. There's hardly ever any sweets around. I also brought back a lot of meat so we need to eat it in a few days or it'll go bad." He opened his chocolate bar and took a very tiny bite, his face beaming as he savored the sweet taste on his tongue. He laid back again and sighed contentedly as he stared at the cracked ceiling. He extended a hand in the air towards the ceiling a wistful look in his eyes. "Someday, we'll get out of here Mckinzie... and I'll become rich and own my own airship, and we can live together in a huge house, not a broken hospital. And maybe I'll even build a place for kids like us... so they'll have a place to stay." He sighed and dropped his hand to his side, glancing over at Mckinzie.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:38 pm

"Hey good to see you. I didn't find anyone new out there, not even dead, which is a relief. But... i managed to salvage us a ton of food. And I have a special surprise."

Mckenzie grinned clapping her hands in delight she had been praying something good would happen and now something had happened even if she had no clue what it was she was still excited.

"I can't believe I was able to find any. There's hardly ever any sweets around. I also brought back a lot of meat so we need to eat it in a few days or it'll go bad."

Mckenzie giggled with delight and opened up her bar taking a small bite and smiling even bigger enjoying the delicious sweets. "mmmm, Oh How I've missed these!" Mckenzie laid back on the bed next to Aiden smiling and taking another small bite before setting it beside her.

"Someday, we'll get out of here Mckinzie... and I'll become rich and own my own airship, and we can live together in a huge house, not a broken hospital. And maybe I'll even build a place for kids like us... so they'll have a place to stay."

Mckenzie smiled again and nodded now resting her head against his shoulder and shutting her eyes. "And by then the world will be better and normal and..n-not like..this."
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 pm

"And by then the world will be better and normal and..n-not like..this."

Aiden adjusted himself so she would be more comfortable while leaning on him, then sighed. He tried to imagine the world different than it was at the moment, better somehow, but he couldn't. He had grown up in this war and there was nothing else he could imagine. Two small children ran down the hall, laughing and playing. Refugees from the war as well. They lived here along with a few other kids in various rooms of the hospital. Aiden kicked the door closed, not wanting to see their happy faces and hear their laughs. He knew they were just young and ignorant, but it still annoyed him slightly to see them happy at such a time. Shots could be heard from outside as the battle moved onto the street above, like it so often did in these skirmishes. The basement was quite sturdy and had survived since no attacks had been made directly on it. After all, what purpose would that serve. Still, it made him uncomfortable and he drew mckenzie closer protectively.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Mckenzie was thinking of what she had imagined the normal world to be smiling faces happy children no war peace.. and parents.. someone to hold them in the knight and tell them it would be okay someone to keep them safe and make sure nothing bad happened. Kckenzie snapped out of it when she heard the laughter of children then watched as Aiden kicked the door shut. She quickly sat up and blinked. "oh damn I forgot to get dinner started.. oh...right i was waiting on you."[b]Mckenzie grinned and looked over to Aiden. "so this is all your fault in that case you have to wash dishes tonight[/b]!"

Mckenzie jumped up grabbing the bag of food and ran to the door opening it quickly then sprinting out of the room and down the hall to the kitchen before Aiden could put up any protest. she smiled and began to cook some of the meat then working on the sides planning to dry out the other meat to last them much longer.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:21 pm

"oh damn I forgot to get dinner started.. oh...right i was waiting on you." Mckenzie grinned and looked over to Aiden. "so this is all your fault in that case you have to wash dishes tonight!"

Aiden made a little tch noise through his teeth as Mckenzie hopped up and ran off. "Geeze, is that the way you treat the guy that brought home dinner?" He muttered to himself. Sighing, he hopped up out of the bed and sauntered down the hallway in the direction of the kitchen. He smiled at the kids that ran by and they waved at him as they happily ran along, not a care in the world. Perhaps that was how the world should be. Maybe sometime after the war, he'd be able to laugh and play like that.

He was jolted out of his daydream by a sudden explosion that echoed in the hall. It took him a moment to realize what was going on, but as another explosion hit he knew: the battle had moved onto the hospital, and they were being directly hit by shells. Panicking, he ran down the hall towards the kitchen. He was jolted off his feet by another explosion, this one right above him, and the ceiling began to collapse in behind him. He spun around the door to the kitchen and saw Mckenzie inside. "MCKENZIE! We need to get out of here! We're being hit!" He looked up at the ceiling and knew it was too late. The cracks had already widened deeply and were bulging. He heard the blast of another shot being fired, and everything seemed to slow down. He dove at Mckenzie, pulling her to him as they slid under the stone counter, barely in time for the shell to hit and the ceiling cave in around them. As rubble fell into the room around them and the table cracked slightly from weight Aiden held on tight to Mckenzie, protecting her from the debris. As the building began to settle, a rock flew in from the side, hitting Aiden in the back of the head and knocking him out cold. His arms went a little limp, but his body stayed closely wrapped around hers, keeping her shielded from the danger.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Mckenzie was busy cooking in the kictehn working hard to make the food taste good but rationed enough so that everyone would have just enough to eat when she heard the first explosion causing a blood curling startled scream to escape her lips. She gasped and immeadiatly began to search for the safest place.

MCKENZIE! We need to get out of here! We're being hit!"

Mckenzie snapped her head in the direction of aiden's voice when without warning he leapt and pushed her and himself out of the way just in time to keep them away from the falling ceiling she was shaking and had latched onto his arm that was wrapped around her own body. Her mind was racing and all she was worrieed about was the other children in the building if they were safe or if they were even alive.

Mckenzie felt aiden's body go limp and looked down realizing he had been knocked out she blinked now knowing what had to be done, they needed to get to the safe room untill the attack was over, the safe room was just down a flight of stairs and hidden behind a book shelf, she grabbed his arms and pulled them over her shoulders then slowly stood up using all her strength to get up and run, she flew down the stairs and around the corner then gently set him down quickly opening the book shelf/ door and dragging him in where only one other little child was hidden with severe injuries, she closed the door behind them and dropped to her knee's keeping her composure for the little child but freaking out on the inside.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 pm

The bombardment continued for a while, but only two other children joined them in the safe room. Outside, explosions, yelling, and gunfire could be heard, though they were strongly muffled by the thick iron walls of the safe room and layers of concrete. Aiden moaned and stirred a little after a few minutes, lifting a shaking hand to feel the back of his head. There was a small bump and a scab and bits of red stained his hair in the back where the blood had dried, but he was otherwise fine. He sat up suddenly and grabbed his head, hissing in pain, then looked at Mckenzie franticly. He sighed and a relieved expression replaced the anxious one. "Oh thank God you're okay. For a moment I couldn't remember if I'd gotten to you in time. He glanced around the room at the three other children. Two of them, the youngest, were crying slightly while the third, a boy of 14, was busy comforting them and keeping them occupied. [b]"Is this all? Where are the others?" He stood up slowly and made his way to the door. "Mckenzie, you stay here and watch them, I'm going out to search for the others." Without waiting for her response, he opened the door and charged out into the rubble, shutting it behind him.

Aiden raced down the hall, looking from left to right for any signs of life. He skidded to a stop in front of a door and listened. Crying could be heard from the other side, but the door frame had been bent in so the door would no longer open. He stood back a bit and then kicked it in, just as another explosion crumpled the ceiling of the room beside it. Two children sat on the floor in a corner, a sister and a brother, around 12 and 11 probably. "Are you two alright?" he asked, dropping to his knees beside them. The boy raised his arm to show him a deep gash down the length. Aiden grimaced, but knew that he didn't have the skills to help him. Suddenly he was struck with an idea. "Stay here! He said, standing and racing out of the room. He returned a short moment later with the medical kit that Mckenzie had put together. "Go to the safe room and give this to Mckenzie. She's better at medicine than me. I have to find the others" The two kids made their way out of the room and sprinted down the hall towards the safe room.

Aiden charged down the hall once more, stopping in front of a partially collapsed room. In the midst of the rubble, he could make out an arm sticking out from between the rocks. Frantically, he began to dig, but as the body was revealed, his eyes widened in terror. He stumbled back, shutting his eyes and falling to the floor, but images of the mangled and crushed body still flashed behind his eyelids. He sat in shock, unable to move or think, even as the sound of mortars came closer and closer to him.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Mckenzie was trying to help the other children to remain calm when aiden awoke and she had rushed over to him gasping and watching as he touched the back of his head and grimaced in pain. She sighed with releif and watched him stand a bit concerned now with how long he had been out he shouldn't be standing just let.

Mckenzie, you stay here and watch them, I'm going out to search for the others."

Mckenzie lounged to grab him and say something but it was to late he was already out the door and racing down the hall she turned pale watching the door close behind him but shook her head and turning to the children returning to ripping up the bottom of her shirt in order to wrap up the young child's wounds and thanking the older one for his help.

She spun around when the door flew up her hand immeadiatly settling on her thigh were a small knife was attached she sighed with relief when only two children came in she quickly shut the door behind them then listened as the boy began to speak. "A-Aiden saved us! He told us to bring this back to you... he is still upstairs I think he's okay.. But I'm not sure... He was trying to help everyone.. Why didn't you come sooner!?"

Mckenzie gently placed her finger on the little boy's shoulder kneeling down to be eye level with him, "Calm down I trust Aiden he can take care of himself as well as others he well be back and be just fine, I couldn't leave these two alone with out someone to help them incase the martor's came, And I certainally couldn;t leave aiden only, he was knocked out at the time."
Mckenzie paused for a breath as she led the little boy to one of the cots having him sit down she rumaged throgh the bag thanking aiden under her breath for being so smart, she pulled out some dressing and wrapping then pulled out some sutors and stitching watching him gulp trying to be brave but obviously frightened,

"[i]I'm deeply sorry for this emmet" [/i], she took a deep breath then remembered that she had picked up some syringes and some medicine to numb up her paitents she sighe with relief as she pulled both out filling up the syringe then gently giving him a few shots around the area apologizing for the pain then smiling as she watched the pain fade from his eyes.

Mckenzie then began to stitch up his arm next wrapping it in dressing last wrapping it with the thicher wrapping then gently telling him he would be okay as he began to check over the girl only finding a gash on her head which only required a bandage and a kiss for help. She turned looking to the door praying he would get back soon.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

The door slid open agian, this time with a boy about the same age as Aiden and Mckenzie, and with Aiden following close behind. The boy, michael, was holding his leg in pain where a piece of metal had stabbed into it, and was leaning heavily on Aiden. The door shut behind them and he helped Michael over to another cot where Mckenzie could look at him, then took a seat on another cot. He stared at the floor, but his mind was clearly elsewhere at the moment. A sad and pained look rested on his face, until the girl he had saved came up and hugged him. He put on a smile and hugged her back, accepting the silent thank-you and watched as she sat back down, then set his eyes on Mckenzie. The sadness was gone on the surface, but deep within his eyes, there was still a depth of despair.

One of the young boys spoke up suddenly. "Where's Joseph? Did you find him?" Aiden glanced his way, an expression of grief momentarily displayed, but quickly replaced by a smile sincere enough to fool the boy. "Joseph won't be coming. He... went to go find another place to live. He'll be fine, but I doubt we'll see him again." His voice wavered a bit, but he corrected himself and kept the smile on his face as he fell silent again, glancing at Mckenzie and Michael with a look that silently told them to keep their composure.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Mckenzie watched the door open then smiled her smile fading noticing the pain in Aiden's eyes and then turning her attention to michael. "Oh goodness set down i'll fix that right away." Mckenzie grabbed her kit again grabbing the same supplies as the twelev year old boy, She pasued for a moment turning to the younger boy, "a-are you and your sister the new one's we got yesterday.. forgive me your names ahve escaped me." She watched the boy a moment before turning to micheal lefting up his pant leg.

"Yes.. I'm Levi and my sister his is Lindsey" Mckenzie nodded at him and smiled as Aiden;s composure returned and he hugged the young girl but noticed his eyes still showing the sadness, she turned her back to him and gently gave michael the numbing shot telling him to remain calm the pain would be over soon. She then began to stitch it up before wrapping it in dressing and a harder wrapping.

Mckenzie stood and paused before looking around..immeadiatly noticing two people who were missing the first was Joseph but before mckenzie could ask her question was answered for her.

Where's Joseph? Did you find him?" Aiden glanced his way, an expression of grief momentarily displayed, but quickly replaced by a smile sincere enough to fool the boy. "Joseph won't be coming. He... went to go find another place to live. He'll be fine, but I doubt we'll see him again."

Mckenzie's eyes widened realizing what he meant then her eyes became ever wider when she realized the second one was his younger brother just barely the age of three. "And J-Jason!? where's Jason.. is he with Joseph.. Or did he Leave him!?" Mckenzie was having trouble keeping the panic from her voice put it was hidden enough to fool everyone except Aiden and Michael she was already making her way to the door just in case she was forced to go searching.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 pm

"And J-Jason!? where's Jason.. is he with Joseph.. Or did he Leave him!?"

Aiden stayed strong and kept his composure as he answered. "I... I didn't see him with him, but he probably left along with Joseph..." His voice faded out and he sat still for a moment, then laid back on the cot, listening to the racket outside silently. Once Mckenzie had finished stitching up Michael, Aiden stood and walked to her, wrapping his arms around her. It was clear to Mckenzie and Michael that he was holding back his tears as well as possible, but to the others, his face seemed just like normal. He squeezed her tight as another explosion rocked the building outside, the safe room withstanding it like it was a fly rather than a bomb.

The sounds of the battle had grown less frequent and it was clear that someone was losing up there. The skirmish would end soon and everything would be back to normal for the city... but nothing would be normal again for the children of the hospital... that much was clear.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Mckenzie had her hand on the door but was stopped when Aiden wrapped his arms tightly around her, She tensed up and her hand clenched into a fist she was angry, she looked fine on the outside but on the inside she was redy to explode, just when everything was seeming okay just when things were looking up for the kids something had to come along and ruin it

Mckenzie turned around gently hugging Aiden back before having him sit on the cot next to Michael she looked around the room and put on a brave smile, "tomorrow we are going house hunting, it will be lots of fun, besides i was getting of this place we need a new place somewhere safer and nicer."

Mckenzie smiled kindly to all the children then gaspes realzing her bag still had some beef jerky which they could all take a bite of for a small dinner and the room was filled with canned goods which would also make do for a great dinner she walked over to shelf looking then grabbing a can of pea's, corn, and a can of beans she smiled to them as she started up the little gas stove and began to make them some food. "Michael go grab the plate's please, Levi there is silver ware in that draw and lindesay please have everyone seated on the floor in any aera you choose i have a surpise if everyone finishes their food."
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 pm

"tomorrow we are going house hunting, it will be lots of fun, besides i was getting of this place we need a new place somewhere safer and nicer."

Aiden let go of her and nodded. "Agreed. It's about time we moved anyway. There should be places all along 5th street. They never fight there. And I've seen some large buildings with basements. He sat back down on the cot that Mckenzie directed him to and watched as she rummaged about in the canned goods.

"Michael go grab the plate's please, Levi there is silver ware in that draw and lindesay please have everyone seated on the floor in any aera you choose i have a surpise if everyone finishes their food."

He smiled, genuinely this time, as he saw everyone working together in this desperate time. He watched as Michael limped determinedly over to the plates and handed them out to the children who had formed a semi-circle on the floor where Lindsey had chosen. Levi grabbed a stack of knives and forks and gave them to the kids, offering some to Aiden as well. He accepted it happily and took a seat in the circle along with the other kids, watching as Mckenzie worked on the stove.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Agreed. It's about time we moved anyway. There should be places all along 5th street. They never fight there. And I've seen some large buildings with basements"

Mckenzie smiled warmly at Aiden for keeping up his compsure and for agreeing with her idea after all they need to be working together during this dark time.She happily warmed up the food adding some salt for a bit of flavor she looked at there pathetic attempt of a dinner and smiled knowing everyone would enjoy themselves ecspecially after she gave them her chocolate bar for dessert.

Mckenzie began to evenly portion out the food giving herself the smallest portion she nodded to the others to begind eating she had realizied exactly how hungry she was until she took her first bite happy to even be able to enjoy this meal. Mckenzie smiled even happier to the other children trying to keep them happy. "mmmmm this is good! and I bet your gonna love the surprise! Anyone wanna guess what it is?"
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Aiden accepted his food happily, returning her warm smile and eating hungrily. He already knew what the surprise was and he was happy as always to see her giving spirit. Looking over, he noticed her plate had the smallest portion of food. he sighed, knowing that she was simply generous, but also wanting her to eat healthy. He plopped a bit of food on her plate so that they both had even portions, smiling at her and continuing to eat. He finished his food and stood, taking his plate and anyone else's who was done, then starting to wash them. He didn't need the desert. He had managed to salvage his bar from his room and he was planning to share it with Mckenzie later anyway. He doubled back and picked up the rest of the plates, humming as he washed them in the sink. The water was clean, but it had taken effort to get clean water. There was no plumbing this far in the outskirts of the city, so they had to fill the huge tank with well water each time they needed it. Aiden had been the main factor in this, having built a crude pipe system that extended into the nearest well. It was hand pumped, so it still took effort to fill the tank, but it was worth it. He would regret leaving it behind, but he could perhaps redirect it to their new place.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:05 pm

Mckenzie had started eating taking a good bite from her pea's and smiling began to savor the flavor, although it wasn;t something she would prefer with some salt she still loved the flavor. Her stomach rumbled as she ate she hadn't realized just exactly how hungry she was until she had began to eat.

Mckenzie noticed that Aiden had placed some food on her plate so they would have the same sized porton she knew he worried about her when there was really no need. She had taken care of herself until she found aiden and would do just fine now. It was still nice to know he cared.

Mckenzie set her plate down after she finished then watched as aiden began to take everyone's dishes and washing them. She smiled to him then smiled to all the children. "You guy's ready?" The youngest of the children began to nod anxiously and the others simply said yes and thank you.

Mckenzie stood grinning from ear to ear although she was extremely happy to be sharing her food she was slightly upset she was giving up something as rare and sweet as thisand because of that feeling she was feeling guility for acting so selfish about it. Mckenzie kept her composure then broke up the bar before turning around and handing each child a piece having none left over for herself or Aiden which she would apologize to him later.

Mckenzie couldn;t help but become almost over whelmed with excitment as all the other children began to smile and giggled excited for such a rare sweet and very happy to be able to enjoy something like this. She sat down leaning back against a wall then glancing to Aiden. "we need to start getting beds set up soon, the youngest can have the cots and we should have that old matress around her somewhere fore me you and Michael. and pleny of blankets for everyone, if for some reason there isn't enough room for everyone to have a cot or matress I will take two blankets on the floor."
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 pm

"we need to start getting beds set up soon, the youngest can have the cots and we should have that old matress around her somewhere fore me you and Michael. and pleny of blankets for everyone, if for some reason there isn't enough room for everyone to have a cot or matress I will take two blankets on the floor."

Aiden finished up the dishes and dried off his hands, then made his way over to her, nodding. "I think that old mattress should still be in the closet by the front room. Since the fighting outside has died off I think it would be safe for me to go get it." He smiled at her and looked around. "the blankets probably won't be usable though. we'll have to make due with the ones that we have in here. I hope you don't mind if we give up ours?" He went over to the closet in the room and began handing out blankets to the kids, then exited the room. He came back a while later with the mattress, though it was a little torn up, and a very rough and torn blanket. "You, Michael and I can share this I suppose." He laid the mattress down on the floor, then spread the blanket over it and began to help the other kids set up their beds.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Mckenzie was helping the children onto their cots and getting them set up for bed it was just enough cots for hte children with the matress left over for themselves so long as Levi and Lindsey shared a cot. Once Aiden had the blankets she tucked each child in telling them goodnight and kissing their foreheads.

Mckenzie wandered over to the bed she stripped off her jacket and took of her shoes then wandered over to the wall waiting until everyone was settled in bed and comfy before shutting of the lights next she walked to the matress groping along the floor until she made it climbing over michael and getting in between michael and Aiden.

Mckenzie was comfortable and exhausted but she couldn;t manage to fall asleep she was worried about tomorrow's house hunting and the whole stress of their situation got her so over whelmed with emotion she ahd to bite her lower lip to keep from crying, tears began to roll down her cheeks invisible to all of the children while in the dark. She forced herself to keep quiet while she cried and hid her face in her hands hoping neither michael or Aiden would notice.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Aiden finished helping kids make their beds and watched with a small smile on his face as Mckenzie tucked them in. He sighed and stripped off his shirt, which was far to dirty by now, and was about to remove his jeans when he realized how awkward it would make it. He instead simply removed his shoes and lay down on one side of the mattress. Michael limped over and crawled into the other, falling asleep almost immediately, exhausted from his wound.

The lights went out and Aiden's eyes quickly adjusted to the dark room as he felt Mckenzie crawl into bed behind him. He shut his eyes and let out a long sigh, willing the stress to leave his body for just this moment and let him sleep. He was halfway out when he heard a little gasp beside him, the sound of Mckenzie's rough breathing as she cried. He rolled over and looked at her in the dark, barely able to make out her face and the tears that rolled down it. Quietly, he took his thumb and wiped away the salty water trailing down her face, then pulled her close to him, his arms folding her tightly into his chest as his warm body wrapped around hers, better than any blanket. He shut his eyes and stroked her back softly, careful not to make any noise to wake michael.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Mckenzie was crying to herself when she felt arms wrap around her and bring her close she gasped and decided to just allow what had happened to stay she wrapped her arms around Aiden and cried into his chest careful not to make any noise for fear of waking anyone up in her time of weakness.

Mckenzie felt comforted by Aiden he was warm and kind she felt comfortable around him and resting her head on his chest she was still thinking about the days events when she began to calm down. She looked up at Aiden a moment watching him then snuggling in closer to him.

Mckenzie was exhausted now she had worn herself up by crying and she knew she would have to be awake early in order to began their house hunting mission. She yawned and rested against Aiden gladthat he was there she shut her eyes allowing her body to become overwhelmed with exhaustion and slowly she began to fall asleep feeling much better now that he was there for her.
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Aiden felt her snuggle in closer to her and he blushed, glad that she was safe. Her tears soon stopped and he knew she was falling asleep by the way her body began to relax in his arms. Softly, he leaned in towards her ear, whispering as quietly as he could, too quiet to even wake her. "Don't worry, I will always protect you no matter what." He kissed her forehead, a solemn look on his face as he finished his thought. "I will protect everyone" He watched her sleeping for a few moments more, then slowly began to drift off to sleep, his mind dreaming of the plan he had been formulating this whole time, built off his anger, sadness, and his desire to protect Mckenzie and the others. Something crazy, but only more perfect because of it. His arms relaxed a little as he fell asleep, but he remained tightly wrapped around her.

_________________________________________Next Morning____________________________________

The sun streamed weakly through the ventilation slats in the corners of the room, dimly lighting the scene as a few kids began to stir. A small ray of light fell upon the mattress in the middle of the room, splaying itself across the sleeping bodies of both Aidan and Mckenzie, but Aidan did not stir. His arms were still wrapped around the sleeping girl, and his face rested close to hers, his breath gently stirring her hair as he breathed in and out onto her forehead.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  XxInsanelyJessxX Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Mckenzie was sleeping happily when she began to stir lighting shining directly across her eyes she slowly opened them blinnking and squinting in the light then finally waking more. She blushed feeling aiden's breath against and realizing how close he was she slowly and carefully began to sit up rubbing her eyes.

Mckenzie silently moved away from Aiden extremely careful not to wake Aiden or Michael she stood up and made her way to the canned goods then carefully picked out some bean's for breakfast she had to be careful to ration their food but also had to feed everyone with plenty of nutrition and protein.

Mckenzie sighed and then began to open up the can starting the stove and cooking it next placing their food on their dishes so everyone could wake up and go straight to their breakfast. She put on a smile trying to be careful to not scare or worry any of the children, Levi was the first awake and he sat up yawning then smiled. "good morning Kenzie!" Mckenzie spun around and smiled warmly to him. "good morning Levi how did you sleep?"
"pretty well i was warm which is good
."
XxInsanelyJessxX
XxInsanelyJessxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Aiden's eyes slowly fluttered open at the sound of voices and he sat up, the blanket sliding off his body slowly. He yawned and stretched his arms in the air, glancing around the room. For a moment he was confused, but after a few seconds, the events of the prior night came flooding back into his mind, as well as his resolve. He stood and started walking over to Mckenzie, then realized he was shirtless and doubled back to grab his shirt. It was pretty ragged at this point, covered in dust and torn in various places from the rubble. He pulled it on anyway. It would do until he could get a new one, but seeing as his dresser had been destroyed, it would be tough. He made his way back to Mckenzie, smiling as he walked up. "Hey how're you feeling? Do you need any help with the food?" His bright, smiling face was enough to put a smile on Levi's face as well as he turned his way and waved good morning.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next