Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valence

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Valence - Page 2 Empty Re: Valence

Post  Lachryma Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:08 pm

"I know he is in good hands. I wish you two greatness in your future,"

Asir nodded subtly in reply, smiling and watching as Lady Gaia walked away, letting Bane and Asir have time to talk. He turned and looked up at the tiger shifter, who stood almost a full foot taller than him. Standing strong under the heavy patt of Bane's hand, he gratefully took the refreshment he was offered.

"Before you say anything though might I say your skills were astonishing. Seeing you in battle made my heart race. I would like to spar with you one day if you would allow me the honor," Bane told the young knight with a light smirk on his face.

Asir smirked back, swirling the wine in his glass a little, but not drinking. "That sounds like a good proposition. It would be an honor to test my skills against you. But you should be warned, I have plenty more tricks up my sleeve than what you saw today."

Raising his glass up he spoke, "A toast to our victory," he said and with a wink drank from his glass. After he lowered his glass and fixed Asir with a gaze.
"And so what did you want to speak to me about?" he asked, his interest piqued.

He rose his glass in unison, and repeated the toast. "To our victory." He then raised the glass to his lips and took the tiniest of sips, almost as though he didn't want to drink the rest. "Right. I had an important question for you." He placed the glass on a small table to the side and stood tall and formal. "Bane, your skills in battle, and your ability to lead are both exceptional. As a commander in the Celestial Knights, I would like to ask for you to join me, and serve under my command and the command of the high king Reks Uni." He grinned, maintaining his suddenly military posture. "Your mother has given her approval, and now the final decision is up to you. What will you choose Albane?" Asir's tail hung still and his ears stood tall as he awaited Bane's response.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 am

"That sounds like a good proposition. It would be an honor to test my skills against you. But you should be warned, I have plenty more tricks up my sleeve than what you saw today."

Bane laughed, a hearty sound resonating from his chest as he nodded his head to Asir with a grin on his face, lighting up his azure eyes.

"Oh I know that wasn't all you could do. I'm sure there's plenty for you to show me. But likewise, don't think I'm just a great white pussy cat. I've got more bite than me then meets the eye. Some day then," Bane said as he chuckled and drank the last of his wine and made a satisfied sigh after downing it.

"To our victory." He then raised the glass to his lips and took the tiniest of sips, almost as though he didn't want to drink the rest.

The tiger's sharp blue eyes did not miss the fact that the young lynx knight seemed not partial to liquor. He noticed it in the previous meeting that Asir steered clear away from the wine that was offered. And now perhaps for politeness he took a sip, but Bane made a mental note to inquire about his behavior. Just out of pure curiosity.

"Right. I had an important question for you." He placed the glass on a small table to the side and stood tall and formal. "Bane, your skills in battle, and your ability to lead are both exceptional. As a commander in the Celestial Knights, I would like to ask for you to join me, and serve under my command and the command of the high king Reks Uni." He grinned, maintaining his suddenly military posture. "Your mother has given her approval, and now the final decision is up to you. What will you choose Albane?"

Bane listened intently as Asir spoke. And after he heard what the young knight had to say, he could guess what his mother was talking to the young knight about.

He wagged his finger at Asir playfully.

"So that was what my mother and you were talking about. I thought something felt fishy. But I must admit this is a wondrous opportunity for me. Perhaps my mother mentioned something about 'Seekers'?" he paused a second but then went on without waiting for a reply since Asir probably didn't know much about Faunian terms.

"A Seeker is a specialized traveler in other words. After going through years of training in all four academies on our world, a Faunian can apply to be a Seeker. They are then tested and certified and then they have the ability to roam all the worlds as they will. Their purpose is to learn and study the different worlds, work with the different races and observe traditions and societies different than ours. And then once in a while report back to Le Fauna so that the data can be added to our massive library. There is a reason why Le Fauna has one of the largest and most extensive databases in the Crescent constellation. For me I have always had an adventurous side as my mother must have mentioned. I wanted to become a Seeker and I have already finished my training and became certified just a few days ago. So this is the perfect proposal. Wait no more because I've already made my choice," he said and then placed his empty glass on the table top and dropped to one knee on the ground in front of Asir.

"Sir Asir Celestial Knight, I graciously thank you for this opportunity to allow me into your ranks. I will not fail you or your High King Reks Uni," he said and then morphed one metal arm cuff into his hand and formed a long katana as he held it above his head.

"May my sword and my skills serve you well," he said as he looked up into Asir's eyes, seeming to wait for a confirmation.

Unknowing to the two, the entire room had gone quiet to witness this scene.

Lady Gaia walked over to Asir and placed a hand on the young lynx's shoulder.

"He is giving you a pledge of undying loyalty and allegiance. A Faunian would never break this vow. You would reply with how you accept his pledge, his sword, and skills and how you will not fail him as a leader and may the powers of the galaxy watch over the both of you. With this he is your hands now Asir," she told him and patted his shoulder before taking her hand away to wait for Asir's response.
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 am

"A Seeker is a specialized traveler in other words. After going through years of training in all four academies on our world, a Faunian can apply to be a Seeker. They are then tested and certified and then they have the ability to roam all the worlds as they will. Their purpose is to learn and study the different worlds, work with the different races and observe traditions and societies different than ours. And then once in a while report back to Le Fauna so that the data can be added to our massive library. There is a reason why Le Fauna has one of the largest and most extensive databases in the Crescent constellation. For me I have always had an adventurous side as my mother must have mentioned. I wanted to become a Seeker and I have already finished my training and became certified just a few days ago. So this is the perfect proposal. Wait no more because I've already made my choice," he said and then placed his empty glass on the table top and dropped to one knee on the ground in front of Asir.

Asir listened intently, nodding a little throughout the explanation to show he was listening. He seemed to make mental notes of the information as Bane spoke. A small smile spread across his face as Bane told him that his choice had been made, and he didn't seem too surprised when he dropped to his knee.

"Sir Asir Celestial Knight, I graciously thank you for this opportunity to allow me into your ranks. I will not fail you or your High King Reks Uni," he said and then morphed one metal arm cuff into his hand and formed a long katana as he held it above his head.
"May my sword and my skills serve you well," he said as he looked up into Asir's eyes, seeming to wait for a confirmation.

Asir listened and stood tall at attention, smiling as Bane went through his ritual. As he opened his mouth to reply, lady Gaia walked over to explain and he stopped to listen.

"He is giving you a pledge of undying loyalty and allegiance. A Faunian would never break this vow. You would reply with how you accept his pledge, his sword, and skills and how you will not fail him as a leader and may the powers of the galaxy watch over the both of you. With this he is your hands now Asir," she told him and patted his shoulder before taking her hand away to wait for Asir's response.

Asir nodded and cleared his throat, standing tall again as he addressed Bane. "Albane, I accept your pledge. As long as I have watch over you, I shall not fail you. May both your sword and skills stay ever sharp, and may the powers that be watch over us." He continued on, into the Crescent initiation. "Albane. By joining the Crescent knights, you swear your loyalty to the high king Reks Uni, and vow to forever fight for him and for the greater good of this, the Crescent Constellation. From here on, you are a part of this army, and this family. We have four simple rules. Listen to them well. One: You must never turn your back on those in need. Two: Fighting beyond sparring is not allowed between Crescent knights, and is punishable by expulsion. Three: You must always answer to the high king's call, no matter the circumstances. And lastly, Four:..." a small grin spread across his lips as he spoke the final rule "Your life, and the lives of your family, the knights, always come first. Never abandon a fellow knight, and always remember that no matter where you are, even if circumstances break you from our ranks, your brothers and sisters in the knights will always be there when you need them." Asir punched a fist out in front of him and in a flash of light, an ornate dagger appeared, held in an ivory sheath with sprawling gold trim and designs, and a crystal crescent embedded in the hilt. "If you understand these rules, rise now and take this dagger. Never let it leave your side. Welcome to the knights Albane."
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 pm

"Albane, I accept your pledge. As long as I have watch over you, I shall not fail you. May both your sword and skills stay ever sharp, and may the powers that be watch over us."

Albane smiled slightly as he faced the floor, chuckling mentally in his head. How ironic and amusing it struck him, that someone younger than him would be his leader, would be the one "watching over" him. Ironic indeed, but Bane always preferred nontraditional things. He liked to be different.

He continued on, into the Crescent initiation. "Albane. By joining the Crescent knights, you swear your loyalty to the high king Reks Uni, and vow to forever fight for him and for the greater good of this, the Crescent Constellation. From here on, you are a part of this army, and this family. We have four simple rules. Listen to them well. One: You must never turn your back on those in need. Two: Fighting beyond sparring is not allowed between Crescent knights, and is punishable by expulsion. Three: You must always answer to the high king's call, no matter the circumstances. And lastly, Four:..." a small grin spread across his lips as he spoke the final rule "Your life, and the lives of your family, the knights, always come first. Never abandon a fellow knight, and always remember that no matter where you are, even if circumstances break you from our ranks, your brothers and sisters in the knights will always be there when you need them."

His sharp ears tuned acutely with the words flowing from Asir's mouth, Bane listened to the rules. The more he heard, the more a smile spread across his features from how the rules were so similar to his own life morals. He would never turn his back on someone who needed him. Fighting for reasons other than for fun among allies was unreasonable and ridiculous. Answering to the ones in charge, no biggy. He does that all the time with his mother and the rest of the guardians. And not once have they complained about him. Oh and by far he loved the fourth rule the best.

Bane now looked up to see Asir and a grin was plastered on his face as he continued to listen.

Asir punched a fist out in front of him and in a flash of light, an ornate dagger appeared, held in an ivory sheath with sprawling gold trim and designs, and a crystal crescent embedded in the hilt. "If you understand these rules, rise now and take this dagger. Never let it leave your side. Welcome to the knights Albane."

In a flash, Bane saw Asir holding the dagger and he knew that despite his alchemist property skills, he would not bend that dagger into anything.

Slowly he rose to his full height, towering over Asir and reached out slowly to take the ornate dagger into his hands. Turning the weapon over in his hands, admiring the design, he placed it over his heart and let out a low growl of acknowledgment.

"Your wish is my command," he said as he bowed deeply and then rose, placing the dagger into a holster hole on his belt.

The entire room then erupted into cheers as they came to congratulate Bane on becoming a knight.

The festive party continued. Lady Gaia stood by Asir and asked him a question.

"When will you two leave?" she asked as her eyes were focused on her second son. Love was brimming in her crystal blue eyes as she admired her son being surrounded by a crowd.
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 am

"Your wish is my command,"

Asir grinned and returned a small bow to Bane as the room erupted in cheers. The rest of the people in the room rushed in to congratulate Bane and Asir stepped back to let him have his moment. Lady Gaia approached and he gave her a small bow, smiling. "You look quite proud of your son. He is a great warrior. I'll take good care of him in our travels."

"When will you two leave?"

"As soon as possible." He said matter-of-factly. "My report is already overdue. I'm sure Reks will understand though. I would request you say your goodbyes to Albane as quickly as possible. We must be on our way soon." He smiled softly and patted the lady's shoulder. "I hope you don't feel rushed. I understand that it is always hard for a mother to say goodbye to her son." He looked back at the crowd briefly, then turned and walked a short ways, looking at his wrist. Three more cards slid from their holder and spun slowly around his wrist, for a total of five. In all, the ring of cards consisted of the Ace through five of cups, and magic power could be felt from deep within them. He turned back towards the crowd and watched silently, waiting for the group to clear.

(I'll continue on the assumption that Bane says his goodbyes)

Once the group was cleared away, Asir approached Bane. "Well now, it's time for us to be on our way. I don't mean to rush but there are reports and introductions to be made." He turned to the rest of the room and bowed, smiling. "Thank you everyone for welcoming me here to your world, and helping in my efforts. I will return someday to visit, along with Albane." As he straightened, he waved his right hand and a large spell circle spread across the floor, glowing and humming loudly. One by one, the cards around his wrist slipped back into their container as the magic stored in them flowed into the spell. A bright light shone around the pair and engulfed them until they couldn't be seen, and in a final ring, like a large bell had been struck, it all faded and the pair had gone.

(Titania, reception hall of the castle of High King Reks)

The reception hall of the great castle was silent, uninhabited save for each pair of guards at the numerous receiving chambers throughout the room. In one chamber, the glyph upon the floor began to glow and hum and the guards straightened to attention, holding their polearms upright. A flash of light emanated from the glyph and rogue lumens scattered into the air like dust as Asir and Bane appeared in the center. Devices along the walls of the round room whirred to life, drawing in the lumens from the room to recycle. The guards saluted as they saw Asir and one cleared his throat, drawing the Anthro's attention. "Sir Asir. Welcome back. Reks expects a personal report as soon as possible." The guard glanced at Bane and looked him over, then, noticing the blade at his side, saluted him as well. "Welcome as well new recruit. Reks will certainly wish to meet you as well."

Asir smiled at the warm welcome and nodded to the guard, his tail swishing in a relaxed manner as he dropped formalities from his tone. "At ease Jerome. Thanks for the welcome. I'll head over to see Reks as soon as possible. I'm going to show this new recruit around a bit before I report." He glanced up at Bane and grinned. "Come on. I'll show you the ropes. No need for formalities by the way. We're home now. Everyone is family."
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitteechan Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 am

The ship finally docked upon the rumored world of Titania, after many, many cycles aboard the less than wondrous vessel. Almost immediately after landing, the passengers scrambled to gather their things and hurry off as fast as their feet can carry. However, one short, slender figure enshrouded in a black cloak took its time, slowly grabbing the small bag beside it and wandering towards the main reception hall.

Glancing up beneath the hood, the small being staggered back, nearly blinded by the radiance of the unfamiliar surroundings. Rubbing at hidden eyes, the figure stood in the midst of the crowd, completely unnoticed to the passersby. As its vision adjusted, it glanced around and blinks a couple times in confusion. Where does one go now? What is there to do on this shining, abundant planet? Frowning from the shadows of the cloak, two small arms came into view: one black, the other white. The appendages waved about, as if fiddling with something in the air that could only be seen by the curious creature.

In fact, the short figure glanced at the waves of communication through the air, fiddling and filtering through to find a map of some sort to give a lead as to where to start the next phase of its life. One might consider it hacking, rummaging through someone's files. On the other hand, the little one saw nothing wrong with it and continued the search.

To any one who may cast their gaze upon this strange being, they simply saw a little creature encased in black cloth, moving about aimlessly with flailing mismatched arms. As it moved, it accidentally bumped into what could only be described at a white-haired mage through its technological haze. Apologizing under its breath, quiet and androgynous, it continued on its bumbling path to nowhere.
Kitteechan
Kitteechan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaerama Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 am

"Number 143, your audience has been granted. Number 143, the High King awaits you." A clear female voice rings out over the intercom.

"We're getting there..." mumbled a young woman, yawning widely into her hand. Dark rings had formed under her eyes, appearing to be bruises upon her otherwise pasty features. In a crowded lobby of filled chairs, she had somehow managed to find herself a seat with no immediate neighbors: the floor in the furthest corner from the throne room. Other than a pair of screaming children playing a game of tag near her, she was quite alone.

So alone, infact, that she was having difficulty maintaining her focus. A headache had even started to form from the varied lights. She closed her eyes to rest them, and was about to drift into sleep, when the announcer woke her from her stupor once more.

"Number 144, your audience has been granted. Number 144, the High King awaits you."

'Not yet... it's the next one... have to stay awake for the next one. Ka'tin! Need someone to talk to; can't slumber now.' Muttering incoherent gibberish and a curse in time to her rapid thoughts, the young woman propped her eyes open with her hands, and scanned the room for someone to engage with until 145 was called. Anyone would do, but the kids had chased each other to the other end of the hall. This meant she had to get off the floor anyway, so why not walk towards the audience hall and save time?

She rose slowly to her feet, a smidgen of irritation popping in her knees, a massive yawn washing through her. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she pushed a lock of her reddish-brown hair back behind her ear, and wearily scanned the crowd ahead of her. And to her luck: immediately ahead of her, having just turned into the lobby from reception, was a random refuge.

The groggy miss sauntered forward in spite of her sleepiness, and attempted a jovial greeting, instead managing a scratchy and snappy, "Where do you come from?"

Last edited by Vaerama on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaerama
Vaerama

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitteechan Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Ah ha! Finally! A map of this grand, spacious area was in its sights at last!

"Where do you come from?"

However, at the sound of someone snapping in the short creature's general direction, a small squeak escaped and the image disappeared. Whirling around to search for the source of disruption, the black hood falls off, revealing a very androgynous face: half pitch black with the remainder snowy white. The hair was mismatched as well, opposite halves black and white too. The tips of the locks were bright green to match the specks in those odd eyes: dark as night with lines of green swirling throughout, calculating.

The strange orbs blinked a couple times, glancing about the surrounding area, then turns to point to the owner. "Are you... talking to me?" This makes no sense to the obviously tainted being, since interactions with others were rare, sometimes unheard of among the refugee's kind. A frown curls across the mixed face in confusion.
Kitteechan
Kitteechan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaerama Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 am

Although she had long been fatigued, the gentlewoman flooded with sudden energy upon recognizing her exposure to a tainted being. Whether such invigoration had been fear or excitement was unreadable upon her startled face, but it must have been clear from her subconscious half-step backwards that she had become wholly cognizant of the world around her.

Never one to jump to conclusions, the wary individual remained passive, and encouragingly cracked a smile, releasing the tension in her arms and allowing them to fall to her sides. Chuckling at the fright she had given the refugee, the lady gestured for them to speak.

"Are you... talking to me?"

Pensive for a moment, and lost in her observation of the creature's statement, she delicately related, "No... I was speaking entirely too sharply to a faceless entity of potential speech." After a measured pause, she continued, "But now? I currently address a stranger, perhaps a person I might wish to better know, mayhaps a humanoid I shall disengage from to never again think of. Could not only you recognize if I am rambling to myself alone... or if I speak to you as well?"

Stretching widely in her newfound wakefulness, the prattling madwoman's philosophizing is interrupted by an intercom announcement:

"Number 145, your audience has been granted. Number 145, the High King awaits you."

Performing a small skip upon this news, the girl patiently waited for the broadcaster to finish before turning to the cloaked refugee once more, "Perhaps you will join me for a walk, and we further talk? I am known as Vi'irma, and I would be immensely pleased to know your designation."

Smiling happily, she merrily walked past the individual and towards the throne room of High King Reks Uni.
Vaerama
Vaerama

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitteechan Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 pm

"No... I was speaking entirely too sharply to a faceless entity of potential speech. But now? I currently address a stranger, perhaps a person I might wish to better know, mayhaps a humanoid I shall disengage from to never again think of. Could not only you recognize if I am rambling to myself alone... or if I speak to you as well?"

The strange little creature frowned a little at the odd rambling. So many big words, did all aliens talk this way, or just this one in particular? Before the small being could express its confusion, a loud noise disintegrates any thoughts momentarily.

"Number 145, your audience has been granted. Number 145, the High King awaits you."

"Perhaps you will join me for a walk, and we further talk? I am known as Vi'irma, and I would be immensely pleased to know your designation."

The talkative alien spoke again, confusing the little one once again. Scratching at its long pointed ears, the creature shrugs. "If you're asking me where I'm going, I have no idea. I just arrived here moments ago..." Having nowhere else to go, the androgynous humanoid followed after the hyper bouncy being to the lavish and even more blinding throne room. "Kar'tanish," it hissed under its breath, putting the hood back up over the strange eyes, "why does everything have to be so bright here?"
Kitteechan
Kitteechan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaerama Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:19 am

Entirely oblivious to the complaints and confusion of the other creature, Vi'irma wove her way through the bustling and crowded lobby, her mind turning circles as she considered what all she would be covering with the regent of this world. Immediately before the hall to the throne room, she stopped and swiveled, to see if her shadow was still with her. Taking in the stark appearance of the confused personality, Vi'irma pivoted back round in delight, and resumed her skipping walk into the hall. She had scarcely gone three paces inside, when a guard sharply accosted her, "Halt! Young miss, you cannot bring an undocumented and uncleared guest into the High King's chamber."

Vi'irma frowned upon this news, and turned to her oddly colored friend with a sigh, "I am sorry, pet... but you can't come in with me." As she moved to hug the very confused refugee, the guard interrupted her again, "Miss? Please forget my previous statement; Reks Uni awaits you both."

Instantly cheered, Vi'irma whipped around and continued along the hall until she was inside the glittering throne room, where she stood bedazzled until a guard spake her "Please proceed towards the throne." Encouraged forward, although still blindsighted, Vi'irma regained her gait, and kept walking upon the purple carpet until the figure engulfed in the throne of white-gold came into sharp focus.

Her hand stretched out as she knelt into a bow, Vi'irma observed, "Majesty.
Vaerama
Vaerama

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:39 am

"You look quite proud of your son. He is a great warrior. I'll take good care of him in our travels."

Lady Gaia nodded, gazing at her eldest son with pride and joy. Yes, he was her son and he would make her the proudest mother.

"As soon as possible." He said matter-of-factly. "My report is already overdue. I'm sure Reks will understand though. I would request you say your goodbyes to Albane as quickly as possible. We must be on our way soon." He smiled softly and patted the lady's shoulder. "I hope you don't feel rushed. I understand that it is always hard for a mother to say goodbye to her son."

Lady Gaia's eyes showed a hint of disappointment that they couldn't stay longer. But she understood their haste in matters. Bane belonged to a cause far greater than just Le Fauna itself. He had a role to play in the entire galaxy.

She turned to Asir and bowed to him.

"Thank you. I leave him in your capable hands," she told him as she walked over to Bane to say her farewells.

Bane hugged his mother tightly, telling her comforting words of how he would visit often and make sure to send letters.

"Well now, it's time for us to be on our way. I don't mean to rush but there are reports and introductions to be made." He turned to the rest of the room and bowed, smiling. "Thank you everyone for welcoming me here to your world, and helping in my efforts. I will return someday to visit, along with Albane."

The room waved and cheered while the Lords and Ladies looked on with silent smiles and good wishes.

Bane waved bye to everyone, gave last minute hugs and he tailed after Asir to start his new occupation.

Then Asir teleported them and they were on their way, the world of Le Fauna disappearing from sight.

They arrived in the reception hall of the great castle and Bane silently awed at what was before his eyes. He'd traveled many places, but none as grand and spectacular as this. Well that is to be expected since this was home to the Great King Reks.

"Sir Asir. Welcome back. Reks expects a personal report as soon as possible." The guard glanced at Bane and looked him over, then, noticing the blade at his side, saluted him as well. "Welcome as well new recruit. Reks will certainly wish to meet you as well."

They were greeted by the guard and Bane respectfully dipped his head and gave a friendly grin to the guard.

"Thanks for the welcome. It is truly an honor to even step foot into this magnificence," he commented as then he followed Asir through the doors after another dip of his head in goodbye to the guard.

"Come on. I'll show you the ropes. No need for formalities by the way. We're home now. Everyone is family."

Bane nodded his head with a grin, his tail swishing slightly from side to side in anticipation and excitement.

"The anticipation is killing me," he chuckled as he followed along.
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 pm

As the two newcomers entered the throne room, the guards lining the walls stood immediately at attention, some seeming a little on edge about the obviously tainted being in the room. However, none made a move to stop them as they approached the throne. The light in the room reflected off the magnificent moonstone surfaces, providing the perfect spotlight on the throne that seemed to engulf its occupant in a shroud of light. Only a basic figure and the beautiful crown could be seen lounging comfortably on the huge chair. The head of the King seemed to follow his guests into the room and watched as they kneeled on the ground in front of the throne.

Her hand stretched out as she knelt into a bow, Vi'irma observed, "Majesty."

Silence extended throughout the room for a moment and the scribe who stood on the left side of the throne glanced at the king. Suddenly, the figure stood, stepping forward a few paces out of the light where his figure could be seen. His ornate robes clung tightly to his body, but patches were left open in the design, revealing a brilliant white fur, spotted with black in a few places. His left ear held his crown, which hung carelessly at an angle on his head, and his green eyes swept over the two guests in front of him. He suddenly let forth a large smile and waved his hands in front of him loosely. "Come on now, stand up. It's no fun having all you people bowing in front of me." He chuckled softly, folding his arms in front of his body.

Asir strode along the hall, which opened up into a bustling chamber, full of people. A few people greeted the young knight and he gave quick replies to them. "This is the Reception Hall!" He indicated the room and all of its workings, raising his voice over the din of sound there. "People come from all the worlds in the constellation to this place to put in requests, pay respects to the high king, or to find refuge on our planet." He pointed back towards another large archway on the far side of the room. "That over there is the Main Terminal. Everyone who comes in on any kind of ship or wants passage off the planet goes out through there. It's basically a giant station and docking bay." He glanced up at the time on the wall. "Gah... looks like we don't really have time for a grand tour. Let's get to the high king, I'm already pretty late."

Turning on his heel, he started off at a much brisker pace, weaving through the crowd to the other end of the room and into a large hallway. Huge, ornate doors stood at the end of the hallway and the guard at them saluted him. "Commander Asir, good to see you. Reks awaits your report." He smiled at the guard. "Thank you Mizze." Pausing, he turned around to face Bane, looking suddenly slightly serious. "Now remember, this is the High King that we'll be speaking to. Be respectful. Let's go." With that, he pushed his way through the doors.

Reks continued to look down at his guests, and Vi'irma rose according to his request, clearing her throat softly. It was time to be serious. This is what she was sent for. Her world, and the preservation of her species, counted on her. As she finally opened her mouth to speak though, the doors to the throne room swung open and in marched someone new. Slightly peeved, she turned to see who it was and was met with the sight of a lynx hybrid, wearing the garb of a commanding officer of the crescent knights, and what looked to be a new recruit. She gathered the information quickly and decided to remain silent for the moment as the Knight stepped forward and took a bow.

"I'm sorry for the interruption your majesty..." The lynx began, not looking up at the king "I have come to deliver my report from Le Fauna." Reks let out a loud sigh and flopped his arms down at his sides, looking frustrated as he stepped loosely down the stairs towards the knight. "Goddess above Asir... how many times do I have to tell you not to address me so formally? It feels weird." He stopped in front of him and grabbed his shoulders, hoisting him up quickly and pulling him into a hug. The Lynx became instantly flustered and embarrassed. "M-my lord! You know how important image is..." Reks laughed. "Shut it fuzzball, I know that. And this is the image I like!" He released the lynx and looked over his shoulder at the tall man behind him. Whistling softly, he grinned. "Well well, what have we here? New recruit it looks like? Looks like I might need that report after all. But let's hear it from you..." He stepped towards the tiger. "Mr...?"
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:46 am

"This is the Reception Hall!" He indicated the room and all of its workings, raising his voice over the din of sound there. "People come from all the worlds in the constellation to this place to put in requests, pay respects to the high king, or to find refuge on our planet."

Bane was in awe at the majesty of what was around him. I mean the central temple at Le Fauna was majestic, but this was in a league of its own. The grandeur and the commotion.

It was like a culture shock.

He had been to other worlds and seen the different cultures and living styles, but then again, he was in the High King's palace now. This is different.

He pointed back towards another large archway on the far side of the room. "That over there is the Main Terminal. Everyone who comes in on any kind of ship or wants passage off the planet goes out through there.

Bane dutifully followed behind the lynx anthro as he was given a tour of the place. Committing everything to memory, Bane figured knowing the location of different areas would come in later.

Especially if he got lost going to the restroom.

"Gah... looks like we don't really have time for a grand tour. Let's get to the high king, I'm already pretty late."

Bane's ears twitched slightly at the mention of finally meeting the king and without a word he trailed behind Asir towards where the king was presummably.

They were met with another set of doors, leading to the king's throne room.

Asir spoke to the guard at the door, Bane gave a respectful dip of his head before Asir turned to him.

"Now remember, this is the High King that we'll be speaking to. Be respectful. Let's go."

Bane gave Asir a light grin.

"Roger that," he said and immediately his smile disappeared and the look of complete serious transformed his face from that of a handsome carefree man, to that of a seasoned professional...he was still handsome though. (lol)

They entered the room, and were met with the king in the presense of someone else already.

Bane took in the appearance of the person who got there before them. A woman who dressed in a black and orange, skin-tight suit. How peculiar.

But dismissing the other person from his mind, he returned his attention to King Reks.

By George was Bane surprised to see an anthro on the king's throne. He half expected the High King to be a human or of human descent, but not an anthro. The King had brilliant white fur, and Bane half chuckled to himself thinking how his white fur now seemed very common, and looked majestic in his garb.

Asir started speaking to the king and then the king sighed and a frustrated look appeared on his face. For a moment Bane thought something was wrong and prepared himself when the king took steps towards Asir.

"I'm sorry for the interruption your majesty..." The lynx began, not looking up at the king "I have come to deliver my report from Le Fauna." Reks let out a loud sigh and flopped his arms down at his sides, looking frustrated as he stepped loosely down the stairs towards the knight. "Goddess above Asir... how many times do I have to tell you not to address me so formally? It feels weird." He stopped in front of him and grabbed his shoulders, hoisting him up quickly and pulling him into a hug. The Lynx became instantly flustered and embarrassed. "M-my lord! You know how important image is..." Reks laughed. "Shut it fuzzball, I know that. And this is the image I like!"

But then the most unexpected thing happened and Bane was left with a dumbfounded look on his face.

What a king!!

And he meant that with the utmost respect.

"Well well, what have we here? New recruit it looks like? Looks like I might need that report after all. But let's hear it from you..." He stepped towards the tiger. "Mr...?"

It took a moment for Bane to find his tongue again but when he did, he felt to one knee in a deep bow in front of the king.

"Your Majesty, I am Albane of Le Fauna. Please address me as Bane. I have been graciously bestowed with the honor of serving as one of your Celestial Knights. Ask of me what you will," he said and then raised his head to meet the King's gaze.
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:53 pm

"Your Majesty, I am Albane of Le Fauna. Please address me as Bane. I have been graciously bestowed with the honor of serving as one of your Celestial Knights. Ask of me what you will," he said and then raised his head to meet the King's gaze.

Reks let out a short laugh and grinned. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Bane. You can stand as well. This is perfect timing actually... I was just thinking of something..." The anthromorph rubbed his chin in thought for a moment. "Well, that can wait. If you two don't mind, I'm going to listen to this kind woman's request first." He turned his gaze once more to Vi'irma, who shot him an appreciative smile.

"Thank you your Majesty. I actually come with a difficult request, perhaps nothing more than a report. My world, you see... is a Valence world." An imperceptible smile appeared on the king's face, but despite Vi'irma noticing it, she pressed on. "For a long time, what few of us remained have fought off the taint that has spread across our world. For what has been a few hundred years now, we have held it at bay, but it slowly encroached. I'm afraid... I may even be the last of my people left. When I managed to escape my world, I left behind the only other living person of my kind, a woman nearing the end of her life. I have devoted my short life to the study of the taint and have fled here in hopes that I may continue my research and perhaps one day restore my world. Failing that... I wish to preserve our vast wealth of magical and technological knowledge. I was hoping perhaps you could help."

Vi'irma relaxed, her message finally delivered, and smiled again as she so often did, even in the face of great stress. Reks paced softly, thinking this over, then turned with a grin to the group. "I think perhaps I can help, but it won't be the most conventional of ways." He glanced at Albane and stared at him hard. "So... we have here an alchemist of sorts and... a very rare conduit mage." He looked at Vi'irma knowingly, but she seemed hardly surprised that he could read her magic. That much should be expected of a high king. But curiosity struck her at what he was planning.

Reks stepped back and hopped up close to the throne, grinning wider now. "Well then, I have a proposition for you. I've been wanting for a while now to form a very special unit for the knights, and you are all the perfect candidates for the job. The unit will be a special task force, for the difficult tainted worlds. Think of yourself as special commandos. And in the future... well let's just say I have big plans for you. So... whaddya say? It would give you a perfect chance to study the taint up close," He said, addressing Vi'irma now, "And perhaps I can even get you onto your world in the future."

Asir, who had been silent until now, spoke up. "W-wait... so you're going to trust me with my own unit?" Though he seemed a little taken aback, his tail's motion revealed his excitement against his will. "Of course I am! I'd trust you with my own life Asir!" Reks beamed down at him and Asir bowed respectfully. "Thank you my lo..." Reks cut him off with a sharp tsk and winked at him. "If you're not gonna call me Reks, don't call me anything." With a small blush of embarrassment, Asir straightened back up and cleared his throat. "Th-thank you... Reks."

By this time, Vi'irma had finished mulling over this proposal. "Well... as much as it would pain me to be put under the command of someone younger than me," She started, a teasing hint in her voice, "I think that offer may just be irresistible. I'll accept, if for nothing else, than out of curiosity." A grin crossed her face. Imagine the possibilities for research, finally being able to get up close and personal with other forms of the taint. Perhaps her world would have a chance yet.

"Fantastic!" Reks said excitedly, doing a quick spin and laughing. "Well Bane, I'm afraid since your commanding officer has agreed to it, you don't really have much choice in the matter, but you can always opt out once you get promoted to the full ranking of knight rather than recruit. In that case, I want to get you guys started off right away. Head into the Knight's lounge and speak to Laeti. By the time you get there, she'll be informed of how to help you get started." He turned and strode up the steps back to his throne. "Now then, not to rush you along, but I have more guests to attend to, and you have some missions to begin." With a grin, he sank back into the bright light that was his throne and waved his hand to send them away. "Feel free to ask if you need anything else. The doors to my room will always be open to you."

Asir, who was clearly very excited now, turned to Bane. "Well! This is going to be exciting! Come on, let's go meet the other knights! Oh, and it's very nice to meet you miss..." He extended his hand to Vi'irma as they started out of the throne room. "Vi'irma. A pleasure commander Asir. I hope you can handle me." Her eyes, and the gentle rune pattern across her face, glimmered as she shook his hand lightly. "And you as well... Bane it was? Always interesting to make new acquaintances." She smiled at him.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Bane nodded politely to the high king as he returned his attention to the woman who was patiently waiting.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Bane. You can stand as well. This is perfect timing actually... I was just thinking of something..." The anthromorph rubbed his chin in thought for a moment. "Well, that can wait. If you two don't mind, I'm going to listen to this kind woman's request first."

"Of course sir," Bane swiftly replied and then remained silent as the woman spoke her piece.

During the exchange, Bane paid careful attention to what was being said and a look of concentration was etched onto his face.

He glanced at Albane and stared at him hard. "So... we have here an alchemist of sorts and... a very rare conduit mage." He looked at Vi'irma knowingly, but she seemed hardly surprised that he could read her magic. That much should be expected of a high king.

Bane blinked slightly in surprise that the high king knew what his abilities were. Well then again...considering he is the high king, it shouldn't be so surprising. The High King must be full of surprises.

"Well then, I have a proposition for you. I've been wanting for a while now to form a very special unit for the knights, and you are all the perfect candidates for the job. The unit will be a special task force, for the difficult tainted worlds. Think of yourself as special commandos. And in the future... well let's just say I have big plans for you. So... whaddya say? It would give you a perfect chance to study the taint up close,"

Bane's ears flickered at the news and a small glint in his blue eyes gave away his excitement at being able to travel to different worlds and learn much more about the taint.

"Well Bane, I'm afraid since your commanding officer has agreed to it, you don't really have much choice in the matter, but you can always opt out once you get promoted to the full ranking of knight rather than recruit. In that case, I want to get you guys started off right away. Head into the Knight's lounge and speak to Laeti. By the time you get there, she'll be informed of how to help you get started." He turned and strode up the steps back to his throne. "Now then, not to rush you along, but I have more guests to attend to, and you have some missions to begin." With a grin, he sank back into the bright light that was his throne and waved his hand to send them away. "Feel free to ask if you need anything else. The doors to my room will always be open to you."

Bane's own striped tail had begun to swish slowly back and forth in anticipation at the news. How exciting!!

When the king addressed him, Bane gave him a sincere smile.

"Thank you sir, but I am perfectly satisfied working with Asir and this lovely lady here. I have much to learn from them," he spoke and then bowed slightly as the king waved them away to get started on their new mission.

"Well! This is going to be exciting! Come on, let's go meet the other knights! Oh, and it's very nice to meet you miss..."

Bane smiled at Asir's child-like exuberance. He had never seen the young knight so ecstatic, but then again he felt the same way inside.

He also turned to the lady, who now gave her name as Vi'irma and bowed respectfully before her as was a custom for males to do for females in his land.

"And you as well... Bane it was? Always interesting to make new acquaintances." She smiled at him.

((lol a little funny scene))

Bane then continued his little custom, took Vi'irma's hand in his own and brought to his lips, placing the lightest kiss to the back of her hand as a sign of his respect and acknowledgment.

"Likewise m'lady," he responded and returned an equally charming smile to her.

To anyone else, it may seem as if Bane was trying to woo Vi'irma, but to his understanding he was only giving a common greeting of a male to a female.

((feel free to make it funny, Asir jealous or Vi'irma reacting funny lol Very Happy ))
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:42 pm

As the doors to the throne room shut behind the new group of friends, Reks smiled and relaxed back in his chair. He was confident that this was exactly what was needed, and that his choice of the team wouldn't be wrong. He trusted in Asir completely. He would make a great commander for the new unit. "Yes..." He muttered to himself, "The new Valence unit..." His adviser interrupted his thoughts by approaching him. "Lord Reks, we've prioritized someone to see you immediately, a representative from the council." A grin appeared on his furry face and he shifted in his chair to a more regal position. "Perfect timing. Send them in."

Asir led the group, already taking charge of the small band as they marched down the hall towards the turnoff for the Knight's Lounge. He turned in time to see Bane kiss Vi'irma's hand, who was obviously flattered by the action, although she knew it to be a custom of sorts on some worlds. Asir however, seemed slightly disappointed, or perhaps slightly jealous. Either way, he was distracted just long enough to almost bump into a short, draconic person. He muttered an apology to the Vovin, who had dodged out of his way at the last second and seemed none too happy about it, but resumed it's regal gait towards the throne room anyway. "A council representative, if I remember the symbols correctly," Vi'irma observed astutely, "Our civilization has been isolated for quite a while, but we had records on many important things nonetheless." The mention of a council representative on the world seemed to make Asir slightly nervous, but he tried not to show it. Instead, he led them down another hallway to the right, which ended at a large door.

"Well, here we are!" He pushed the doors open and before them opened up a great hall, three stories in height, and sparsely populated with the Crescent knights. Most took no notice of the group of people, but a few waved to Asir and some glanced fervently at the group behind him, especially the small tainted creature that was still tagging along with them. "We'll save the introductions to the others for another time. Let's find Laeti." Asir marched onward, towards the large bar on the far side of the room. As he approached, the chef in the back called out in a strong, female voice. "Asir! I'd recognize that magic signature anywhere. You really need to learn to conceal that boyo!" He laughed and leaned against the counter. "Why bother Laeti! I'm home! Hey, Reks told us to come see you!" She turned and sheathed her sword, which she'd been using to chop vegetables. "Us? Who's us? Oooooh..." She scanned the group sternly, ruffling her short, silver hair after removing her glove. "Well well, look at this little goofball squad Reks tossed together." She grinned, her voice teasing as she stepped around from the kitchen to the bar. "And I'm supposed to brief you? Hell Asir, how'd you get your own unit in less time than me! I've been here 10 years more than you." Asir answered with only a shrug.

Vi'irma, who'd been observing silently, decided it was time to put in a few words. "Laeti, what an interesting name. Very nice to meet you. My name is Vi'irma. I'm the new unit's researcher." She extended her hand and Laeti took it, shaking it respectfully. "Researcher eh? Hope you can hold your own out there. It's not as easy as it looks Rookie." Vi'irma smirked and replied with a quip of her own. "Come now, I've been fighting the taint since I was born. More than you can say I'm sure." This elicited a respectful laugh from Laeti, who now glanced at the small figure cowering behind the tall researcher's legs. "And who is that little creature? Seems tainted. You sure it's safe to have it here."

"Oh, just a pet I picked up in the halls." Vi'irma smiled softly. "And yes, it's perfectly safe. The taint is my area of expertise."

"Glad to hear it" The swordswoman replied. "What about you?" She turned now to Bane, who Asir was offering a seat to, right next to himself. "Why'd they drag you along huh? You look strong enough I suppose. Tell me what you're here for and where you're from eh?" She smiled invitingly, her posture strong and almost masculine as she waited for the response.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:51 pm

After Bane's introduction to Vi'irma was over, he continued to follow behind Asir and Vi'irma as they were lead to where the other members of the special unit were waiting.

Along the way it seems Asir almost bumped into some guy with a stern expression on his face. Apparently a council representative. Bane thought back to his knowledge of this world and remembered reading about the particular symbols the representatives carried.

"Well, here we are!" He pushed the doors open and before them opened up a great hall, three stories in height, and sparsely populated with the Crescent knights.

Bane looked around the area as he followed behind Asir and Vi'irma. By now he looked down and noticed the little creature that had been with them for a while. He grimaced at his own inability to notice earlier and decided he was letting his guard down too much.

As they walked through the hall, he noticed he got some looks. Well besides the fact that he was ridiculously tall at 6'4ft, his rare white fur and stripes also caught people's attention.

"We'll save the introductions to the others for another time. Let's find Laeti." Asir marched onward, towards the large bar on the far side of the room. As he approached, the chef in the back called out in a strong, female voice. "Asir! I'd recognize that magic signature anywhere. You really need to learn to conceal that boyo!" He laughed and leaned against the counter. "Why bother Laeti! I'm home! Hey, Reks told us to come see you!" She turned and sheathed her sword, which she'd been using to chop vegetables. "Us? Who's us?

They found who they were looking for and Bane waited patiently as he talked with this Laeti person.

Oooooh..." She scanned the group sternly, ruffling her short, silver hair after removing her glove. "Well well, look at this little goofball squad Reks tossed together." She grinned, her voice teasing as she stepped around from the kitchen to the bar. "And I'm supposed to brief you? Hell Asir, how'd you get your own unit in less time than me! I've been here 10 years more than you." Asir answered with only a shrug.

She had a very likeable personality. He chuckled lightly at her mention of their goofball squad, which to other people Asir, Vi'irma, and himself plus the little creature were an odd group.

"What about you?" She turned now to Bane, who Asir was offering a seat to, right next to himself. "Why'd they drag you along huh? You look strong enough I suppose. Tell me what you're here for and where you're from eh?" She smiled invitingly, her posture strong and almost masculine as she waited for the response.

Bane had been looking about until he had been addressed and turned to give Laeti his signature charming smile.

And once again he bowed to her and then took her hand and kissed the back of it just like he did with Vi'irma.

Then he stood to his full height to complete his introduction.

"Albane of Le Fauna. I was graciously recruited by Asir when he came to my country to assist us in liberating the taint from our lands. Hmmm well I'm here cuz I'm here. Who wouldn't take up the opportunity to travel to the different worlds and learn about them, while at the same time doing something good for the sake of everyone?" he spoke and then noticed that Asir was gesturing to the seat next to him and Bane took the invitation to sit himself down, still remaining taller than both Asir and Vi'irma as he smiled at Laeti.

"I guess you could say I am the muscles of this little squadron? If Asir is the leader and the mage, Vi'irma is the researcher and brains, then I must be the muscles," he joked lightly.

((what little creature?))
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am

(The "little creature" is Ashton's character)

Laeti laughed good naturedly, the small amount of armor she was wearing rattling a bit as she moved around. "The muscle you say? Hey, do give Asir some credit. He's a strong fighter." Asir blushed at the compliment, but remained silent for the moment. "Here cuz you're here, I like it. It's simple. You're good in my book Albane." She reached out and gave him a playful punch in the shoulder.

Asir shifted in his seat, scooting a bit closer to Bane as the tiger kissed Laeti's hand. She seemed fairly confused by the gesture, but shrugged it off. "Well then... That's right, you came here for a briefing." The smaller feline next to Bane straightened up, losing the hint of jealousy on his face. "Basically I'm just supposed to give you the rundown of how your unit is going to work. You've been given personal quarters, the old Diplomatic hall that they recently refurbished in fact. Two to a room, and you can take over more rooms as you grow, since Reks seems to expect you to do some recruiting." Asir's tail swished excitedly at this notion and Laeti grinned at the Lynx hybrid. "It's just you three for now. Well, he said three, but it looks like there's four of you. Oh well, all the same none of the current knights are joining the squad for now."

"Wow..." Asir whispered, clearly dazzled by the whole situation. "Reks is really giving our unit the special treatment. It almost seems unfair." This brought another grin from the woman behind the counter. "Oh you think that's unfair? I almost cried when I heard about what else you get." A pause for dramatic effect, which made Asir lean forward expectantly. "Reks figured you'd need to be getting around together... so that new ship that was under construction? It's yours to name and fly." The lynx had to steady himself to keep from falling over, and Vi'irma's attention seemed caught as well at the mention of technology. "W-wait! The Rachna... is being given to us!" A nod from Laeti confirmed the information and Asir glanced around at the small party. "Th-there aren't even enough of us to fly the damn thing!"

"Aww come on Asir, you know she's fitted with the latest AI." This really seemed to catch Vi'irma's attention and she leaned against the counter, suddenly a lot more interested. "All you really need to do is point and it'll get you there. Granted it is probably a little overboard, giving a flagship to such a small squad, but I think he expects a few rescue missions and maybe he'll even have you lead a platoon in a battle. It has the capability to transport all the materials for a war." By this point, Asir seemed to be in shock and he slumped over onto Bane, muttering something in his native language. All they could make out was Reks' name, and a tone of annoyance. "Damn... I can't believe he went this overboard..."

"Well, this has certainly become quite an interesting day. I like this squad already." Vi'irma coo'd happily. Laeti looked up at the clock and sighed. "Well, as much as I'd like to stand here all day and chat, I have to finish cooking for everyone. You guys should retire to your rooms. You'll have your first mission tomorrow if I'm right." She turned to walk away, then paused. "Oh and Asir, don't pull a Vincent on us just because you got your own squad. Stay family brother." Asir gave her a soft smile as he stood. "Don't worry. I'd never drift away from this family. Come on guys," he said, addressing the squad now. "Let's go to our rooms. Bane, you'll room with me."

He turned quickly to lead the way, hiding his shyness at his command to Bane, but led confidently into a small hall and down some stairs to an unlabeled hall. It opened up into a large circular chamber with many seats and recreation areas, including a huge bookshelf, a large kitchen area, and a pool off to the side. Many doors lined the huge room, each labeled with a number. "This used to be the diplomatic chamber, where all of the foreign emissaries stayed, but they built a new hall higher up in the Conifer. Oh," He paused to explain quickly, "The Conifer is what we call the huge spire in the middle of the castle. We named it because it looks like a huge pinecone, if you know what those are. Anyway, we should pick our rooms for the night, and we'll head out tomorrow on our mission and get better acquainted on the way. Bane, you lead the way to ours." Vi'irma yawned and stretched, exaggerating her fatigue. "Well... I never knew that sitting all day could wear you out so much, but I'm exhausted." She selected a room and waltzed over to it, dragging her little friend along. [b]"We'll talk more tomorrow my dear commander. For now, sleep wonderfully!
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:45 pm

"The muscle you say? Hey, do give Asir some credit. He's a strong fighter." Asir blushed at the compliment, but remained silent for the moment. "Here cuz you're here, I like it. It's simple. You're good in my book Albane." She reached out and gave him a playful punch in the shoulder.

Bane laughed good naturedly at the punch, although he barely felt it, and nodded to Asir, winking.

”Thanks for that Laeti, good to be here. And I know he’s a strong fighter, I’ve seen him in action with my own eyes. And I guarantee his magical ability is stronger than mine, but in terms of brute strength I do believe I can top him then,” he said with a grin and chuckle.

Out of the corner of his eye, Bane had seen Asir shift in his seat, and the white tiger smirked mentally. Oh ho? What’s this? Was this a hint of jealousy he smelled in the air?

He disregarded Laeti’s confusion at his custom, as most women were, and turned his attention to what the lady was informing them.

"Basically I'm just supposed to give you the rundown of how your unit is going to work. You've been given personal quarters, the old Diplomatic hall that they recently refurbished in fact. Two to a room, and you can take over more rooms as you grow, since Reks seems to expect you to do some recruiting." Asir's tail swished excitedly at this notion and Laeti grinned at the Lynx hybrid. "It's just you three for now. Well, he said three, but it looks like there's four of you. Oh well, all the same none of the current knights are joining the squad for now."

Bane’s ears twitched with surprise at what he was hearing. My my he had thought the King to be quite generous but this was beyond words. And from the king’s earlier display of affection towards Asir, Bane wondered if there was a closer relationship between the two anthros.

From the excitement evident by Asir’s tail movements, Bane guessed that this must be extremely exciting news for the young knight.

"Reks figured you'd need to be getting around together... so that new ship that was under construction? It's yours to name and fly." The lynx had to steady himself to keep from falling over, and Vi'irma's attention seemed caught as well at the mention of technology. "W-wait! The Rachna... is being given to us!" A nod from Laeti confirmed the information and Asir glanced around at the small party. "Th-there aren't even enough of us to fly the damn thing!"

At this Bane’s own tail began swishing with excitement. A ship of their own? Oh this was most exciting news indeed.

Asir faltered slightly in his seat and Bane’s arm shot out to steady him in case should he fall. His strong lean arms held on to Asir’s shoulders until the boy was steady and he released him, his own blue eyes now large and wide, a glint of anxiety in him from all the news.

By this point, Asir seemed to be in shock and he slumped over onto Bane, muttering something in his native language. All they could make out was Reks' name, and a tone of annoyance. "Damn... I can't believe he went this overboard..."

Bane’s felt a light bump as Asir literally sagged onto his shoulder. The tiger chuckled at the lynx’s reaction and his chuckling vibrated through his body, probably transferring over to Asir’s body too.

”News too much for you to handle?” he asked the lynx lightly as he lent his shoulder to the still-in-shock young knight.

A compliment from Vi’irma and with a friendly dismissal from Laeti, the three-person squad was up on their feet and ready to go see their new living quarters.

"Oh and Asir, don't pull a Vincent on us just because you got your own squad. Stay family brother." Asir gave her a soft smile as he stood. "Don't worry. I'd never drift away from this family. Come on guys," he said, addressing the squad now. "Let's go to our rooms. Bane, you'll room with me."

Pull a Vincent? Bane made a mental note to ask Asir about this later. But when Asir called for them to follow after him, the tiger grinned as he trotted after, his long legs easily keeping up with the shorter two.

”That’s cool with me,” the tiger said, his long white tail swaying back and forth, revealing his excited temperament at the moment.

"This used to be the diplomatic chamber, where all of the foreign emissaries stayed, but they built a new hall higher up in the Conifer. Oh," He paused to explain quickly, "The Conifer is what we call the huge spire in the middle of the castle. We named it because it looks like a huge pinecone, if you know what those are. Anyway, we should pick our rooms for the night, and we'll head out tomorrow on our mission and get better acquainted on the way. Bane, you lead the way to ours."

As they entered the living quarters, Bane was surprised to see such spacious areas including kitchen and small recreational areas.

At this moment Bane was strongly wondering if this place at any kind of training room of some sort. He suddenly felt the urge to release his built up adrenaline with a good spar.

But when Asir told him to pick a room, Bane turned and started peeking into the different rooms to see how they were structured. Most of them looked very much the same except for some minor rearrangements.

Vi'irma yawned and stretched, exaggerating her fatigue. "Well... I never knew that sitting all day could wear you out so much, but I'm exhausted." She selected a room and waltzed over to it, dragging her little friend along. "We'll talk more tomorrow my dear commander. For now, sleep wonderfully!

Bane turned to wave to Vi’irma as the lady walked off into a room and bid them good day to rest up.

Turning back to looking at rooms, Bane looked into the sixth room and his eyes brightened at what he saw.

There were two beds, but one of them was raised up to the highest the bed posts would allow, making one bed really high, with enough space underneath to hold a comfy-looking couch as well as a desk and space to do work. The other bed looked like the normal queen sized bed with an extra soft-looking mattress.

Bane turned to Asir excitedly and grinned.

”How bout this one?” he asked as he walked into the room and approached the high bed. His tail wagged in anticipation as he leaped up in one bound and sat on the bed.

It was high, but low enough to where Bane could sit fully and not hit the ceiling with his head. His legs had ample space to dangle off and he grinned down at Asir.

”I happen to like high places. And that bed looks perfect for our team leader who will be busting his butt for the rest of us through missions,” the tiger said as he then leaped off the high bed easily and stood before Asir to hear what he would think.

"Oh by the way, does this place have a training room? I feel like releasing some built-up adrenaline after all the great news," he added before he forgot to ask.

Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

”I happen to like high places. And that bed looks perfect for our team leader who will be busting his butt for the rest of us through missions,”

Following Bane to the door, peering inside. The room was spacious and open, the study flowing into the bedroom with only a small divider between them. The two beds were separated by a couple of feet, and the tall one had a small desk and chair beneath it, with room for another place to sit. The other bed was accompanied by a side table and a combination desk, with spots to file important documents. He stepped into the room approvingly and wandered over to the study. Two comfortable chairs sat in opposite corners, with a bookshelf between them and lamps to the side. A small device was mounted on the far wall, a projector of sorts, for browsing the maginet. He turned around as he heard Bane speak again.

"Oh by the way, does this place have a training room? I feel like releasing some built-up adrenaline after all the great news," he added before he forgot to ask.

Hmm... Oh yeah!" He said distractedly, focusing back on Bane. "There's one near the Knight's hall. I'll show you where it is. I've got some energy to work of too." With a smile, he led the way back out into the commons area, grabbing a bag of snacks and a bottle of water from the kitchen area. Proceeding down the hall once again and through the winding corridors, he stopped in front of a small door and placed his fingertips inside a small floating ring of runes. A small chime echoed from it and the doors clicked open, swinging inward to reveal a humongous training room. There were plenty of weights, workout machines, even a huge lap pool. Occupying a large percentage of the room though were small sparring arenas and safety weapons for mock fights. A few knights were training throughout the room and Asir looked for something suitable to do.

His eyes settled on the sparring arenas and a smile spread across his face. "Well then... I think that'll be the perfect way to work off some energy." Motioning for Bane to follow, he stepped into one of the large arenas, glancing up at the tall ceiling before flicking his wrist, sending four of the cup suit cards flying out of his pouch and up his arm, where they sat once more, hovering around his wrist. "It's time we had a good battle. I want to see how good you are at one on one with a trained opponent. You take the first strike. I'll be ready." Falling into a defensive stance, he held his right hand close to the pouch of cards, ready to react to whatever Bane tossed at him first.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Bane's tail swished with content at Asir's approval of his room choice. Yay for high bed! Plus if anyone wanted to sneak into their room, his high bed was closest to the door and no one would be expecting an attack from above. Perfect.

((lol aaron you totally missed Bane's joke about topping Asir in my last post))

Hmm... Oh yeah!" He said distractedly, focusing back on Bane. "There's one near the Knight's hall. I'll show you where it is. I've got some energy to work of too."

Bane looked excited now, his white tail swaying restlessly behind him as he grinned at the prospect of releasing energy.

He grabbed three bottles of water, he'd be needing it, and made sure he had his duffle bag with him too. Before he had left Le Fauna, his mother had prepared a duffle bag of his essential items for him.

They reached the gym and as they walked inside, Bane's eyes widened with glee as he saw all there was to do in here. Damn he'd be visiting this place more often.

He eyed the pool longingly, tigers love water, and wanted to change into trunks and dive in. But Asir spoke to which Bane turned his attention.

"Well then... I think that'll be the perfect way to work off some energy."

The tiger's eyes followed Asir to where he walked to the sparring arenas. A grin spread across Bane's face as he knew what Asir was getting at.

Motioning for Bane to follow, he stepped into one of the large arenas, glancing up at the tall ceiling before flicking his wrist, sending four of the cup suit cards flying out of his pouch and up his arm, where they sat once more, hovering around his wrist. "It's time we had a good battle. I want to see how good you are at one on one with a trained opponent. You take the first strike. I'll be ready." Falling into a defensive stance, he held his right hand close to the pouch of cards, ready to react to whatever Bane tossed at him first.

Bane smirked and walked closer to the arena. But before he got into the ring, Bane shrugged out of his ornate white outer clothing. What he was left in was a skin-tight black shirt that stopped at his mid-drift, showing off his nice well-defined abdominal muscles. He took off his long boots, leaving him in black calf-length harem pants and his tight black arm-length sleeves.

"You're on kitty," he joked as he stripped and changed clothing.

With his attire changed, he hopped into the ring and warmed up by stretching his long limbs. He stood a good foot taller than Asir and so was trying to see how to approach the shorter and thus more elusive knight.

The metal bands that he wore around his wrists slowly moved down to pool into his hands for him to morph. He morphed then into a pair of steel tonfas and tested their weight as he readied himself in an offensive position.

Bane grinned widely, and his canines were more pointed, showing a shift in his features as he was tapping into his animal side.

Then without any thought or hint to give away his action, he ran at Asir, the speed alarming as he closed in on Asir within a moment's notice and sent a barrage of attacks at the young lynx knight, his tonfas aiming swipe after swipe at Asir.

From the ferocity, it was clear Bane was not holding back, he knew his own limits and could limit and stop his attacks instantly if he felt he was being too rough. But in his own way, he was testing Asir as well. He had seen Asir's magical abilities, but in an enclosed room where magic wasn't the best option, he'd see how the young anthro would fare.

Bane made a mental note to keep his alchemy to handheld weapons of normal size so he wouldn't demolish the training room.

Nearby, some others had stopped doing what they were doing to watch the spar.
Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 pm

As soon as Asir stepped into the ring, other knights took notice. They put down what they were doing and gathered to watch the fight, whispering amongst themselves. A few comments were audible from the crowd.

"Woah... look at the new knight... he's going up against the demon? He doesn't stand a chance against commander Asir."

"Hey, hush... I wanna see this. Give the new guy a chance, we don't even know him yet."

"Yeah, but you know Asir's reputation. I'm banking on him..."

The young lynx remained calm, even as the tiger charged, a card flying to his hand, which he tossed out in front of him. "Pentacle suit IV! Xerxes the Defender!" There was a flash of light, and the card transformed instantly into a large and very muscular man, taller even than Bane, and with skin that looked like it was made of stone. With a loud grunt, he put his arms in front of himself, just in time for Bane to make contact. The blows rained down on him, but he hardly budged, taking them as though they were nothing.

In the meantime, Asir had drawn another card, and he brought out it's form now. "Sword suit VI! Nifune the Great Shogun!" Another flash and the sword appeared in his hand, a long black katana of beautiful make, it's edge clearly sharp, but Asir held it in a way that suggested he would use the hilt and dull edge. Another card floated up in front of his forehead and glowed as he called its name. "Major Arcana XI! Strength." Light flowed over his body and he transformed. Rather than a lynx, he now resembled a lion, and a fierce gleam came into his eyes.

In one swift movement, he released the summon, making Xerxes disappear, and charged through the now empty space. A spinning swing first, but he expected a parry from Bane and he feinted left, bringing his free hand up in a powerful, open fisted strike. It was clear that somehow his new form had increased the power of his blows, and if the strike connected, it was sure to provide a good amount of force.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Looney Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

"Woah... look at the new knight... he's going up against the demon? He doesn't stand a chance against commander Asir."

"Hey, hush... I wanna see this. Give the new guy a chance, we don't even know him yet."

"Yeah, but you know Asir's reputation. I'm banking on him..."

Bane grinned, the words he was hearing only brought joy and excitement to him as he imagined the fun he would have in this spar.

Sure Asir had seen him in action, but that dance with the taint beasts had only been a part of his full strength.

Of the four royal families, the white tigers were the best combination fighters and Bane had been ranked number one of them all. They had traditional spars to give rank and Bane had been leading rank for over 10 seasons. No one had yet to best him.

As Bane charged, Asir had a cool composed demeanor, Bane had to give credit to the young lynx for having such a level head during combat.

"Pentacle suit IV! Xerxes the Defender!"

Asir summoned a card and soon Bane was facing off against this ginormous man. Hell he wondered how the arena had not collapsed from the weight yet.

At this point Bane remorphed his weapons in a split second, making the tonfas thicker and heavier to land harder blows. Blow for blow he aimed at this stone giant and as he hit, he increased his own strength and with a roar aimed another blow which succeeded in chipping the giant man. The giant Xerxes may take the blows, but soon it was evident that after thousands of hits, the blows were taking their tolls as cracks were seen all over the giant's arms and some parts were crumbling.

Don't underestimate a White Tiger.

Some whistles came from the onlookers.

"That's impressive. The new guy managed to put a dent into Xerxes the Defender, must be the first,"

"Hell maybe this guy's got a winning chance after all,"

"Hey don't count Commander Asir out yet, he's got more cards up his sleeve, literally,"

((lol he ain't going down that easy, how is this gonna end? tie?"))

"Sword suit VI! Nifune the Great Shogun!"

Bane saw Asir use another card and this time, a long black sword of Japanese origin appeared in Asir's hand. Quite a beautiful weapon Bane must add as he prepared himself for an attack by Asir.

Seeing that his opponent had chosen a weapon, Bane once again remorphed his tonfas and now they were a pair of long arm blades (like THIS) that he gripped tightly in his hands.

"Major Arcana XI! Strength." Light flowed over his body and he transformed. Rather than a lynx, he now resembled a lion, and a fierce gleam came into his eyes.

Asir used yet another card, and from the name of the card Bane had to guess this one modified the young knight's strength. And so it did. Asir transformed, Bane's ears flickered in surprise, and suddenly a lion was charging at him, swinging the black katana his way.

The stone giant was gone and Bane braced himself for the assault that he knew was about to follow.

Bane dodged the spinning swing and he caught Asir's feint. The blow from Asir's free hand was coming right at him, and he didn't have time to dodge the blow. There was only one way to make this an even match.

In a split second before the blow connected with this crossed arms, Bane shifted into his anthro form, now a huge humanoid white tiger (like THIS) and blocked the blow.

The force of the blow managed to push Bane back an inch of two, but with a deafening roar, he threw his arms out and managed to push Asir back as well.

The now hulking beasts stood close to 7ft in height as he held his arm blades, which also got bigger to match his new form, and he beared down on Asir.

A rumbling chuckle came from Bane's tiger throat as he gave a tooty grin to Asir.

"I can see now why they call you a demon," he said in his deep bass tone voice as he now indicated for Asir to strike.

Now the whispering among the onlookers got wild.

"Holy shit did you see that?"

"Shit this newbie ain't just any newbie,"

"White tiger anthro. And that ability, he must be a Faunian,"

"Damn to have a Faunian among us. And one of the four royal families at that," one who was familiar with Faunian customs said.

"Now this is exciting. Whose's gonna win, the Demon or the Tiger?"

Bane had a wild grin on his face as he watched, waiting for Asir's next move. If they were in any other location than this gym, Bane wouldn't have hesitated to use Metal Rain on Asir, but as limitations have it, if he used Metal Rain then there would be no gym afteward.

Looney
Looney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachryma Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:50 am

Asir was taken by surprise as Bane shifted. Though his blow connected, the tiger managed to shove him backwards with a well placed hit. He grunted and caught his balance, shifting the sword in defense, but Bane backed up and offered him an opening to strike. Asir began weighing his options as the tiger spoke.

"I can see now why they call you a demon," he said in his deep bass tone voice as he now indicated for Asir to strike.

After a few seconds of calculation, Asir raised his hand for a pause. "It's annoying not being able to go all out." Turning to the audience, he waved at a man in the crowd. "Hey Malorn! can you raise the arena?" With a nod, the man dashed over to the side of the room where a panel sat nestled in the wall. After a few switches were hit, a small whine was heard and the edge of the arena glowed. a small portion of the ceiling cracked open and began to part as the small arena lifted into the air on a levitation crystal. The onlookers dashed over to a staircase, following it up into the next room. In the interim, Asir pulled out the card for Xerxes and whispered something to it, then patted it with a small smile, almost lovingly. Then, he was back to his serious battle mode.

The ceiling had now parted all the way and they raised up into the next room, a huge battle space, a half mile across at least, and shielded with magics and negations to protect the walls and floor from fierce battles. A grin spread across Asir's face as the lift came flush with the floor and locked in place. "Now then... this is much better." As the edges of their former arena shrank away to open up the field, Asir flicked another card up to his forehead, the first one dispelling. "Major Arcana VIII! Justice!" His lion form shrank away as the former card slipped into the pouch and the next card flashed. His body shifted again, plating itself in a sparse amount of white and gold armor, his fur taking on a red tint and his eyes glowing bright green. His sword vanished and sank away as well, replacing itself with another. "Sword Suit: Page! Fenrir, the Northern Light!" It glowed and flashed and a huge rectangular buster sword suddenly rested in his hand.

Without a pause, he raised the weapon, pointing the flat tip at Bane and it split open down the center, revealing a barrel as though it were a gun. True to this assumption, a burst of light shot out at Bane, exploding on the ground next to him. But it was just a distraction. Asir was already beside him, swinging the broad blade ridiculously close to the tiger's side with a roar of strength. The small knight's body clearly held much more power than he let on.
Lachryma
Lachryma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum